1. Our details
The data controller in respect of our website is the NMSBA Events B.V. Chamber of Commerce number: 61336572. You can contact the data controller by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to the following address:
NMSBA Events B.V.
Kees van Bohemenhof 20
3544 MC Utrecht
2. How we collect or obtain personal information about you
We collect personal information about you when you provide it to us, such as through your use of our website and its features, when you contact us directly by email, phone, in writing, or via social media, when you order goods and services, when you use any of our other websites or applications or any other means by which you provide personal information to us. Where permitted or authorized by law, we may also receive information about you from third parties such as affiliates and business partners as well as third parties with whom we have had no prior contact.
3. Personal information we collect or obtain about you
- Your name
- Your email address;
- Your address;
- Your profession;
- Your payment information
- Information about your computer (e.g. your IP address and browser type);
- Information about how you use our website (e.g. which pages you have viewed, the time you viewed them and what you clicked on);
Information we obtain from third parties will generally be your name and contact details, but may include any additional information they provide to us, including (but not limited to) any of the types of information set out in the list above.
We may also obtain personal information about you from certain publicly accessible sources, including (but not limited to) online customer databases, business directories, media publications, social media, websites and other publicly accessible sources.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this type of information in order to increase our Service's functionality. These third party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information.
- you already have the information;
- providing you with the information would prove impossible or would involve a disproportionate effort;
- we are under an EU or EU member state law obligation to obtain or disclose the information which provides appropriate measures to protect your legitimate interests; or
- we are obliged to keep the information confidential as a result of an obligation of professional secrecy regulated by EU or EU member state law.
4. Legal basis
Our legal basis for processing the personal data are contractual necessity (processing is necessary in order to perform a contract with you) and our legitimate interest. The legitimate interest we pursue is direct marketing. The personal data we collect may be used for marketing purposes.
5. How long we store your personal information
If you are subscribed to our newsletter, we will store your contact details for as long as you are subscribed to our newsletter. We will not store your data longer than necessary for our legitimate interests or for the performance of the contract. We will not store your personal information for longer than seven years for direct marketing purpose, after the last time you have shown interest in one of our products or services.
6. How we secure your personal information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
7. Transfers of your personal information to other countries and safeguards used
Your information, including personal information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction. We only share your personal data with third parties outside the EU if we have a legitimate interest to do so, or if it is necessary to perform a contract with you. We will do our best to safeguard the security of your personal data.
If your information is shared with third party service providers outside the EEA, we have taken the necessary steps to ensure an adequate level of data protection. This may be an adequacy decision of the European Commission confirming an adequate level of data protection in the respective non-EEA country or an agreement on the basis of the EU Model Clauses (a set of clauses issued by the European Commission). We will provide further information on the means to ensure an adequate level of data protection on request.
8. Your rights in relation to your personal information
You remain in control over the data we obtain from you. You have the following rights with regards to your personal data.
- You have the right to view and obtain the personal information we have obtained from you, to request for correcting any false or outdated information and to request for the deletion of your personal information.
- You can opt out from our newsletter by following the unsubscribe link provided in every email.
- If you previously gave consent to us for processing your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- You can send a request with regards to any of the abovementioned rights by sending an email to email@example.com. We will do our best to comply with your request as soon as possible.
9. Your right to object to the processing of your personal information
- If you wish to object to the use and/or storage of your personal data, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org. We take your right to privacy very seriously and we will do our best to solve any problems with regards to the use or your personal data.
- You also have the right to file a complaint about the way we process your personal data at the Dutch privacy watchdog, the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens. A complaint can be filed through their website www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl , or by contacting them by phone: (+31)900 - 2001 201.
10. Consequences of not providing your personal information to us
We might not be able to perform a contract or agreement with you, if you do not provide us with the information that is necessary for the performance of the agreement. For example, we are not able to send you the newsletter if you do not provide us with a valid email address.
12. Children’s Privacy
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 16 ("Children"). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 16. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we discover that a child under 16 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our servers immediately.